D.C.Merrett & Co Ltd is a family run business located South of Gloucester specialising in abnormal load heavy haulage, waste water logistics and commercial engineering. Having served these industries for over 30 years we pride ourselves in delivering a high quality service with a wealth of experience and knowledge.
D.C.Merrett & Co Ltd are looking for an experienced commercial vehicle engineer to join their team. The successful applicant would be working in a team of 4-5 engineers in a busy, well equipped workshop. The applicant should also be willing to work off site to cover call out’s & breakdowns. A van will be provided.
The role will be primarily maintaining and repairing a smart fleet of predominantly Scania vehicles and specialist trailers. There is often a variety of ongoing projects providing a diverse and interesting role.
We pride ourselves on our fleet of vehicles and maintaining them to a high standard is fundamental to our business operations. A hard working individual is required to work alongside a friendly team to ensure that all vehicles are kept up together with inspections, servicing & any other mechanical issues in between.
- · NVQ Level 2 or above or equivalent
- · 3 years of working experience in a similar role
- · Knowledge on a variety of commercial lorries
- · Maintain a fleet of commercial lorries.
- · Vehicle servicing.
- · Diagnose & repair mechanical issues.
- · Maintain a good working environment.
- · Be able to work as part of a team & independently.
- · Good hourly rate of pay.
- · Overtime paid at an enhanced rate.
- · Company Van.
- · Pension.